Canadian Security Guards Forum

Canadian Security Guard Forum is...

The best forum about the Canadian security guard profession.

Please register on our forum and participate by sharing your experience and knowledge.

We welcome members and input from around the world.
Canadian Security Guards Forum

Discussions for private security officers and management, everything related to contract or full-time guard services.

Become a sponsor and place you 468 x 60 banner here.

Latest topics

» Do any one knows the lenght of term for security guard registration.?
Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:43 am by jyotisharma

» Effective way to Improve Security Service at Your Small Business
Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:45 pm by Admin

» I'm a newcomer
Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:44 pm by Admin

» Hello from Toronto!
Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:56 pm by Admin

Become a sponsor and place you 125 x 125 banner here.

Sponsor Ad

Post Free Ads

I Need Your Input - security professional podcast

Brian Davis

I Need Your Input - security professional podcast

Post by Brian Davis on Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:53 pm

I'm Brian Davis from SecurityGrinder.com  I am working on a new podcast for security professionals that will launch in the next couple of months.  I am not creating this show for me, it's for you; the security professional working out in the field.

The plan is to bring you valuable information and resources that will help you grow and give you tools and resources to help you advance your knowledge and your career.  I believe that security professionals should be proud of the work they do.  

To do this I will be bringing in guests to chat and interview.  These guests will be from all types of backgrounds and bring their unique expertise to the mic to give you information and resources you can use in your work and career right away.  I want to bring on security workers, managers, and consultants from all segments of the security industry to share their experiences and know-how.  

Bottom line is I want to bring as much value to you, the listener, as possible.  So help me out here; What kind of things do you want to hear?  Do you have specific questions or know of others with questions related to security, the job, or the lifestyle?  Any feedback at all will help me out.  Thanks in advance.

Oh!  I just started the blog that will supplement the podcast show at http://securitygrinder.com
Feel free to pop on there and sign up to my mailing list for updates.  Ideas for the blog are welcome too.

Together we can bring a positive shift to the industry and grow together.  Stay Safe.

http://securitygrinder.com

Effective Security is a Grind, Not a Fluke!

"A True Security Professional is one who looks Both ways before crossing a One-way Street."
Nightwatchman

tips

Post by Nightwatchman on Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:50 am

I work the graveyard shift, Brian. I am a bit past the two month point, I have gotten to like my job and to embrace the industry. How about some tips for us in the `graveyard' How to stay alert. I know about books and studying, but at about 8 or 9 hours in, `study brain' is now `off-duty'. 

I am an engineering graduate, so I like stats and numbers too. I have read (and will re-read) `Verbal Judo', and have some college credits in psychology. Tips for dealing with the public? At this time, I have had some experience, but work at a construction site for now. I will be off to sleep in a couple of hours. My shift can be a grind too, 13 hrs long, sometimes, ha ha! I will try to come up with more questions at another time.

p.s I checked your link, and see the tips for `night guards'-- thanks

Last edited by Nightwatchman on Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addend)

Re: I Need Your Input - security professional podcast

Post by Brian Davis on Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:10 pm

Thanks for the feedback Nightwatchman. Verbal Judo by George J. Thompson, is at the top of my reading list and should be mandatory reading for those in the industry in my opinion.

Tips on dealing with the public is a great suggestion, and please hit me with anymore ideas you come up with.

Do you currently listen to any audio podcasts? Besides this forum are there other places on the net where you like to hang out and talk shop?

In the meantime feel free to pop back on securitygrinder.com and sign up for our email list so we can share exclusive content and resources with you.

Stay Safe,  Brian

http://securitygrinder.com

Effective Security is a Grind, Not a Fluke!

"A True Security Professional is one who looks Both ways before crossing a One-way Street."
Admin
Admin

Verbal Judo

Post by Admin on Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:11 pm

Brian Davis wrote:Thanks for the feedback Nightwatchman. Verbal Judo by George J. Thompson, is at the top of my reading list and should be mandatory reading for those in the industry in my opinion.

Tips on dealing with the public is a great suggestion, and please hit me with anymore ideas you come up with.

Do you currently listen to any audio podcasts? Besides this forum are there other places on the net where you like to hang out and talk shop?

In the meantime feel free to pop back on securitygrinder.com and sign up for our email list so we can share exclusive content and resources with you.

Stay Safe,  Brian

I will second the Verbal Judo book . I have read it and took in a lot of tip and strategies.

Nightwatchman

Re: I Need Your Input - security professional podcast

Post by Nightwatchman on Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:44 am

You're welcome, Brian. I am having some trouble with FlashPlayer at the moment. If this is not an issue, on my days off, I will be back and have a look at your podcasts, and check out `grinder' again.
I have checked out a couple of other places, I have so many usernames, pw's I need a binder!

However, using google, I surf from one to another, gathering intel, I would welcome a suggestion from you, or admin, as to other forums where you post. I have seen a few, but they don't seem to have any recent traffic, and there are a few threads, but they are `zombies'.

A tiring shift for NW, but not back on at a local store until 9pm, so a few more hours to decompress.
later,
NW

Current date/time is Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:47 pm