Canadian Security Guards Forum

Canadian Security Guard Forum is...

The best forum about the Canadian security guard profession.

Please register on our forum and participate by sharing your experience and knowledge.

We welcome members and input from around the world.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Canadian Security Guard Forum is...

The best forum about the Canadian security guard profession.

Please register on our forum and participate by sharing your experience and knowledge.

We welcome members and input from around the world.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions for private security officers and management, everything related to contract or full-time guard services.

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves. Abraham Lincoln
The balance between freedom and security is a delicate one. Mark Udall

To advertise on our forum contact us HERE

Latest topics

» Security Guard Wages
I Need Your Input - security professional podcast EmptyFri Jul 15, 2022 3:44 am by Dgsecurityservices

» Intoduction
I Need Your Input - security professional podcast EmptyTue May 31, 2022 7:10 pm by Admin

» Duty Belt Diet
I Need Your Input - security professional podcast EmptyFri Dec 10, 2021 8:09 am by Admin

» Introduction
I Need Your Input - security professional podcast EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 8:32 am by Admin

Become a sponsor and place your ad here.

3 posters

I Need Your Input - security professional podcast

Brian Davis
    Brian Davis
    General Officer
    General Officer

I Need Your Input - security professional podcast Empty I Need Your Input - security professional podcast

Post by Brian Davis Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:53 pm

I Need Your Input - security professional podcast NEEDYOURHELP

I'm Brian Davis from SecurityGrinder.com  I am working on a new podcast for security professionals that will launch in the next couple of months.  I am not creating this show for me, it's for you; the security professional working out in the field.

The plan is to bring you valuable information and resources that will help you grow and give you tools and resources to help you advance your knowledge and your career.  I believe that security professionals should be proud of the work they do.  

To do this I will be bringing in guests to chat and interview.  These guests will be from all types of backgrounds and bring their unique expertise to the mic to give you information and resources you can use in your work and career right away.  I want to bring on security workers, managers, and consultants from all segments of the security industry to share their experiences and know-how.  

Bottom line is I want to bring as much value to you, the listener, as possible.  So help me out here; What kind of things do you want to hear?  Do you have specific questions or know of others with questions related to security, the job, or the lifestyle?  Any feedback at all will help me out.  Thanks in advance.

Oh!  I just started the blog that will supplement the podcast show at http://securitygrinder.com
    Feel free to pop on there and sign up to my mailing list for updates.  Ideas for the blog are welcome too.

Together we can bring a positive shift to the industry and grow together.  Stay Safe.
    Nightwatchman
    Nightwatchman
    Senior Officer
    Senior Officer

I Need Your Input - security professional podcast Empty tips

Post by Nightwatchman Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:50 am

I work the graveyard shift, Brian. I am a bit past the two month point, I have gotten to like my job and to embrace the industry. How about some tips for us in the `graveyard' How to stay alert. I know about books and studying, but at about 8 or 9 hours in, `study brain' is now `off-duty'. 

I am an engineering graduate, so I like stats and numbers too. I have read (and will re-read) `Verbal Judo', and have some college credits in psychology. Tips for dealing with the public? At this time, I have had some experience, but work at a construction site for now. I will be off to sleep in a couple of hours. My shift can be a grind too, 13 hrs long, sometimes, ha ha! I will try to come up with more questions at another time.

p.s I checked your link, and see the tips for `night guards'-- thanks

Last edited by Nightwatchman on Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addend)
    Brian Davis
    Brian Davis
    General Officer
    General Officer

I Need Your Input - security professional podcast Empty Re: I Need Your Input - security professional podcast

Post by Brian Davis Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:10 pm

Thanks for the feedback Nightwatchman. Verbal Judo by George J. Thompson, is at the top of my reading list and should be mandatory reading for those in the industry in my opinion.

Tips on dealing with the public is a great suggestion, and please hit me with anymore ideas you come up with.

Do you currently listen to any audio podcasts? Besides this forum are there other places on the net where you like to hang out and talk shop?

In the meantime feel free to pop back on securitygrinder.com and sign up for our email list so we can share exclusive content and resources with you.

Stay Safe,  Brian
    Admin
    Admin
    Senior Officer
    Senior Officer

I Need Your Input - security professional podcast Empty Verbal Judo

Post by Admin Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:11 pm

Brian Davis wrote:Thanks for the feedback Nightwatchman. Verbal Judo by George J. Thompson, is at the top of my reading list and should be mandatory reading for those in the industry in my opinion.

Tips on dealing with the public is a great suggestion, and please hit me with anymore ideas you come up with.

Do you currently listen to any audio podcasts? Besides this forum are there other places on the net where you like to hang out and talk shop?

In the meantime feel free to pop back on securitygrinder.com and sign up for our email list so we can share exclusive content and resources with you.

Stay Safe,  Brian

I will second the Verbal Judo book . I have read it and took in a lot of tip and strategies.
    Nightwatchman
    Nightwatchman
    Senior Officer
    Senior Officer

I Need Your Input - security professional podcast Empty Re: I Need Your Input - security professional podcast

Post by Nightwatchman Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:44 am

You're welcome, Brian. I am having some trouble with FlashPlayer at the moment. If this is not an issue, on my days off, I will be back and have a look at your podcasts, and check out `grinder' again.
    I have checked out a couple of other places, I have so many usernames, pw's I need a binder!

However, using google, I surf from one to another, gathering intel, I would welcome a suggestion from you, or admin, as to other forums where you post. I have seen a few, but they don't seem to have any recent traffic, and there are a few threads, but they are `zombies'.

A tiring shift for NW, but not back on at a local store until 9pm, so a few more hours to decompress.
    later,
    NW

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:30 am