Canadian Security Guards Forum

Canadian Security Guard Forum is...

The best forum about the Canadian security guard profession.

Please register on our forum and participate by sharing your experience and knowledge.

We welcome members and input from around the world.
Canadian Security Guards Forum

Discussions for private security officers and management, everything related to contract or full-time guard services.

Become a sponsor and place you 468 x 60 banner here.

Latest topics

» Do any one knows the lenght of term for security guard registration.?
Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:43 am by jyotisharma

» Effective way to Improve Security Service at Your Small Business
Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:45 pm by Admin

» I'm a newcomer
Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:44 pm by Admin

» Hello from Toronto!
Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:56 pm by Admin

Become a sponsor and place you 125 x 125 banner here.

Security guard hailed for quick intervention in machete attack

Admin
Admin

Security guard hailed for quick intervention in machete attack

Post by Admin on Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:03 pm

CTV Toronto
Published Thursday, December 24, 2015 7:47AM EST
Last Updated Thursday, December 24, 2015 1:08PM EST
A security guard who is being hailed as a hero for quickly intervening after an alleged attack involving a machete, says he was “just doing my job.”
Nathaniel McNeil, who works for Paragon Security at Atrium on Bay, described at a news conference Thursday afternoon the actions he and his partner took after hearing reports about someone on the premises with a knife.
The incident began shortly before 5 p.m. on Wednesday, when a 30-year-old man was injured in what police say was an unprovoked attack by a man wielding a machete.

Nathaniel McNeil, who works for Paragon Security at Atrium on Bay speaks to the media in Toronto, Thursday, Dec. 24, 2015.
Downtown armed incident
Police officers investigate following a downtown armed altercation in the Bay and Dundas streets area on Wednesday, Dec. 23, 2015. (CP24/Cristina Tenaglia)
Police say the victim suffered non-life threatening injuries to his head and leg.
Moments later, McNeil and his partner Phillip Bonaparte were at the scene, near the front entrance of the retail and office complex near Bay and Dundas streets.
In a dramatic video, McNeil can be seen approaching the suspect from behind, tackling him and rushing him to the floor, seconds before police officers arrive.
McNeil said, at the time, he assessed the situation and made a “split-second” decision.
“I wasn’t even thinking about being scared, I just wanted to stop what he was doing,” McNeil told reporters Thursday.
Once the suspect was restrained, Bonaparte applied hand restraints on the accused, and also kicked a knife away before police arrived.
At the news conference, Ted Salter, vice-president of Paragon Security, said he was “proud of the actions” taken by McNeil and Bonaparte.
“The outcome could have been much worse if the guards didn’t step in,” Salter said.
Remanded to custody
Meanwhile, the 35-year-old suspect has been ordered to remain in custody following a brief court appearance on Thursday.
The man was remanded into custody on medical detention after a bail hearing on Thursday morning.
Arlington Thompson, of Queens, N.Y., has been charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault, assault with a weapon, and possession of a weapon.
Police still want to speak with any witnesses to the alleged attack.

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/security-guard-hailed-for-quick-intervention-in-machete-attack-1.2712938

BryanM35

Re: Security guard hailed for quick intervention in machete attack

Post by BryanM35 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:47 am

This was an excellent teamwork between police, the business community, and the citizens of Toronto. It was executed perfectly. I think the outcome could have been much worse if the guards didn’t step in. Thanks to Mr. McNeil and Bonaparte.
StevenWS

Post by StevenWS on Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:09 am

BryanM35 wrote:This was an excellent teamwork between police, the business community, and the citizens of Toronto. It was executed perfectly. I think the outcome could have been much worse if the guards didn’t step in. Thanks to Mr. McNeil and Bonaparte.

I was disappointed that the police did not even mention the security guards part in the arrest. At least not on the CTV interview I watched.

http://www.lakelandsecurityservices.ca/
BryanM35

Post by BryanM35 on Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:29 am

StevenWS wrote:
BryanM35 wrote:This was an excellent teamwork between police, the business community, and the citizens of Toronto. It was executed perfectly. I think the outcome could have been much worse if the guards didn’t step in. Thanks to Mr. McNeil and Bonaparte.

I was disappointed that the police did not even mention the security guards part in the arrest. At least not on the CTV interview I watched.

You are right #StevenWS, I was thinking same. I am also very much disappointed, why police did not even mention security guards parts in the arrest.

Current date/time is Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:27 pm