Canada Border Services Agency is opening a new detention facility in Surrey and we are currently looking for applicants to join our team. If you want to gain significant work experience in a corrections and law enforcement environment, this is the perfect job for you!
Duties include some of the following:
- Oversee the care, custody, and control of detained persons being held for Immigration
- Work closely with CBSA, Correction Facilities, and police agencies to ensure the safe and secure transport of detainees to and from various government organizations. This includes long distance trips and flyouts to the Interior and within Canada.
- Admitting and discharging detainees as well Confirming, documenting , and keeping detainee's personal property and valuables safe
- Observing and conducting regular searches of detainees, cells and property
- Access Control of the facility including the inflow of people, goods, and Information
- Monitoring CCTV activity throughout the facility and controlling all movement of people
- Reporting all incidents or issues in a quick and efficient manner
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Valid BC Security License
- Class 5 Drivers License
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- Excellent written & communication skills
- AST & OFA is an asset
- RAIC considered an asset
- Permanent Resident Card or Canadian Citizenship
Why work for us
- We offer a variety of work schedules, including 8 and 12 hour shifts. We provide various shifts including day, night and weekend work.
- We will provide Advanced Security Training AST, Occupational First Aid OFA and class 4 drivers license training to eligible candidates
- Benefits for both full and part-time employees *conditions apply*
- Employee perks! Discounted movie tickets, PNE tickets, gym memberships and much more!
- Free Uniforms and equipment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Recognition Programs & Events
Apply with your updated resume today.
Securiguard is committed to building a facilitative environment of respect and personal growth for all of our staff. We support this commitment with highly competitive compensation and benefits, comprehensive training, reliable equipment and supportive supervision as well as great opportunities for advancement, community involvement and work/life balance practices.
More Info HERE