Canadian Security Guards Forum

Canadian Security Guard Forum is...

The best forum about the Canadian security guard profession.

Please register on our forum and participate by sharing your experience and knowledge.

We welcome members and input from around the world.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Canadian Security Guard Forum is...

The best forum about the Canadian security guard profession.

Please register on our forum and participate by sharing your experience and knowledge.

We welcome members and input from around the world.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions for private security officers and management, everything related to contract or full-time guard services.

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves. Abraham Lincoln
The balance between freedom and security is a delicate one. Mark Udall

To advertise on our forum contact us HERE

Latest topics

» Security Guard Wages
Dealing with Difficult Conversations  EmptyFri Jul 15, 2022 3:44 am by Dgsecurityservices

» Intoduction
Dealing with Difficult Conversations  EmptyTue May 31, 2022 7:10 pm by Admin

» Duty Belt Diet
Dealing with Difficult Conversations  EmptyFri Dec 10, 2021 8:09 am by Admin

» Introduction
Dealing with Difficult Conversations  EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 8:32 am by Admin

Become a sponsor and place your ad here.

5 posters

Dealing with Difficult Conversations

Admin
    Admin
    Senior Officer
    Senior Officer

Dealing with Difficult Conversations  Empty Dealing with Difficult Conversations

Post by Admin Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:27 pm

DEALING WITH DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS COURSE OVERVIEW
    Think of a difficult conversation you had recently. What made it difficult? What was the outcome you were hoping for? What actually happened? What would have made it go better?
    This course will give you tools and strategies to manage difficult conversations so that they are productive and effective instead of frustrating. After you’ve completed this course, you’ll be able to;

• Identify reasons why conversations can become difficult.

• You’ll know how to recognize the ways a conversation can escalate.

• You’ll be able to describe the process for handling a difficult conversation once it occurs.

• You’ll be able to list the “rules” of emotion management.

• You’ll be more skilled at recognizing typical responses in difficult conversations and identifying ways to address them productively.

• You’ll be able to identify strategies to prevent difficult conversations from occurring.

• Conduct effective performance management conversations.

DEALING WITH DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS COURSE OUTLINE:

• Lesson 1: Difficult Conversations – Where Do They Come From?

• Lesson 2: Crisis Prevention Strategies

• Lesson 3: “In the Heat” Communication Strategies

• Lesson 4: Performance Management Conversations

• Case Study: Apply What You’ve Learned

DEALING WITH DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS COURSE DURATION: This course is self paced, and can be completed in approximately 60 minutes
    DEALING WITH DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS ASSESSMENT: Testing conducted in this course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved on the first attempt.
    DEALING WITH DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.

Click Here
    sossecurity
    General Officer
    General Officer

Dealing with Difficult Conversations  Empty Re: Dealing with Difficult Conversations

Post by sossecurity Wed May 20, 2015 12:14 am

best course for the who have not a proper maintain personalty for the personality matter we must know about how to make conversation in any situation so your course is really best.
    BryanM35
    BryanM35
    Senior Officer
    Senior Officer

Dealing with Difficult Conversations  Empty Re: Dealing with Difficult Conversations

Post by BryanM35 Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:40 pm

Courses are good people can improve their personality with these courses.
    sossecurity
    General Officer
    General Officer

Dealing with Difficult Conversations  Empty Security Course

Post by sossecurity Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:52 am

You right man some course are improve human personality.
    BryanM35
    BryanM35
    Senior Officer
    Senior Officer

Post by BryanM35 Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:36 am

Yes, there is a wide scope of improving human personality and skills.
    Nightwatchman
    Nightwatchman
    Senior Officer
    Senior Officer

Post by Nightwatchman Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:25 am

This course looks interesting to me, I have been informally trained in `verbal judo' over the years in various work sectors. It was gratifying to find out that experts(like George Thompson -`Verbal Judo') confirmed this. Yes, our interaction and threat assessment is very important in becoming a `contact professional'.
    peacemandeano
    peacemandeano
    Junior Officer
    Junior Officer

Dealing with Difficult Conversations  Empty Building on Crisis Management Training

Post by peacemandeano Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:47 pm

All good points, guys.   I, too, have taken VJ (multiple times) and am a former CPI Non Violent Crisis Intervention instructor.  I would recommend either of these courses as a foundation.  Although I've taken numerous seminars in dealing with difficult people, interview skills, and verbal management, I find that controlling someone else can only occur once we learn to control ourselves.

Peaceman Consulting's The First Few Steps program will help you focus on building up your emotional self-management skills, which are vital prior ever to stepping in the ring with an uncooperative/ emotional subject.   We learn to manage ourselves effectively before we can be expected to deal with someone in crisis.  

The four pillars of emotional intelligence that form the basis for The First Few Steps program are: 

1. Self- Awareness
    2. Self- Management
    3. Social Awareness
    4. Social Skills

Believe me, folks, this is not a huggy-huggy, drink grass juice and sing along kind of program (no offence intended to those who enjoy hugs, drink grass juice or like to sing!) .  We explore developing the skills not covered in many of these "essential skills" crisis management programs.  We learn about ourselves and our emotional and psychological derailers, and the brain structures involved in these situations, as well as the use of neuroplasticity to overcome these shortcomings.

If you are interested in hosting such a program, or you can arrange a group interested, email me at dyoung@peaceman.ca to discuss the possibility arranging a program in your area.

Check out the website www.peaceman.ca and our page on Facebook.

Cheers!

Dean
    Nightwatchman
    Nightwatchman
    Senior Officer
    Senior Officer

Post by Nightwatchman Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:06 am

Good post peaceman, inc. paraphrased, `know thy adversary and thyself'. I am thinking you might have read `The Art of War' like I have(a book needing multiple readings) I am learning how to practice `professional face' better, emotional detachment, deflection and or absorption of abuse. A good riposte is ~I've been called worse', in response to the `difficult person' type (VJ). 

I would definitely consider becoming some kind of cop if the opportunity presented itself. Web policing, for one, surveillance, but first things first. My employer says, for future, possible work in installations, or sales I have a 3 yr Security Electronics Technologist diploma.Thank you for the links! I will check them out/

Until nest time, stay safe.
    NW

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:11 am