Working with WinSport means you will be part of creating one of the most unique winter sport institutes in the world. You will be providing assistance to athletes of all levels and disciplines as well as staff and other stakeholders. You will be working in a world-class facility that showcases world-class services to support our customers in training and maintaining an active lifestyle. You will thrive and be supported to provide excellence in winter sports facilities and training for all guests.
What the role is all about:
Under the direction of and reporting to the Sr. Manager, you will have the responsibility of ensuring a safe, coordinated and efficient operation of WinSport. As a front line communicator, you will be pro-active in all matters of park safety, security, emergency response, preventative maintenance, public relations, and general park maintenance.
WinSport believes that a safe environment is an essential part of success and as a team member you will be expected to demonstrate safe working practices at all times to ensure the safety of co-workers and guests.
- Identify park wide safety concerns. Rectify these items or reports them to appropriate personnel
- Provide assistance to paramedical staff and/or initiates first aid procedures in the absence of paramedics
- Respond to all fire and/or building alarms and implements the appropriate action
- Assist with the implementation of the emergency response plan and procedures
- Attend vehicle accidents and complete appropriate accident reports
- Respond to operational and building problems
- Conduct routine patrols, building checks, and safety Inspections of all park buildings, facilities, and grounds
- Operate and monitor the closed circuit television security system
- Respond to theft and discipline problems, initiate, follow up, and complete incident/occurrence reports
- Attend court if required by an investigation
- Monitor parking and respond to parking and driving complaints
- Provide crowd and access control for regular operations and special events
- Assist with the coordination of special events
- Provide general assistance to park visitors and is knowledgeable on what is happening’ in all areas of the park
- Provide general assistance to other departments within the park
- Provide afterhours access and emergency access to the warehouse and other park facilities to authorized personnel
- Provide emergency vehicle service for staff members and park visitors
- Other duties, as required
- Post secondary education in Criminology or Recreation an asset
- Minimum 1-year pervious experience in security role
- Pro Serve
- Mature, friendly, customer service orientated individual with excellent communication (oral and written) skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a public or recreational facility is an asset
- Bondable and must be willing to obtain a security clearance
- Class “5” drivers license with clean drivers abstract
- Computer skills
- Class C CPR, First aid Certification & AED training
- A Valid Security License
- Frequent walking and standing in varying conditions and in all types of weather (rain, snow, heat or extreme cold)
What's in it for You?
If an unforgettable experience and working alongside an amazing team weren't enough for you, WinSport offers its seasonal employees some really great perks; free hill passes, reciprocals at other ski resorts, food, beverage and retail discounts, and a gym membership at our BNTC, just to name a few things that will make you love it here.
Apply at www.winsport.ca/jobs