Canadian Security Guards Forum

Canadian Security Guard Forum is...

The best forum about the Canadian security guard profession.

Please register on our forum and participate by sharing your experience and knowledge.

We welcome members and input from around the world.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Canadian Security Guard Forum is...

The best forum about the Canadian security guard profession.

Please register on our forum and participate by sharing your experience and knowledge.

We welcome members and input from around the world.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussions for private security officers and management, everything related to contract or full-time guard services.

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves. Abraham Lincoln
The balance between freedom and security is a delicate one. Mark Udall

To advertise on our forum contact us HERE

Latest topics

» Security Guard Wages
Reading People EmptyFri Jul 15, 2022 3:44 am by Dgsecurityservices

» Intoduction
Reading People EmptyTue May 31, 2022 7:10 pm by Admin

» Duty Belt Diet
Reading People EmptyFri Dec 10, 2021 8:09 am by Admin

» Introduction
Reading People EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 8:32 am by Admin

Become a sponsor and place your ad here.

Reading People

hipockt
    Junior Officer
    Junior Officer

Reading People Empty Reading People

Post by hipockt Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:51 am

I woke up this morning thinking about communication and how it helps us in our work. Did you know that a persons mind processes through using Visual, Auditory and Kinesthetic (seeing, hearing and feeling) rep systems. Some will ask what does that have to do with our security work. Well how many times have you came across an argument in progress or have been called to break one up. I have seen this several times in a mall. (Domestics for police is a major area)
    Now what is the quickest way to get things under control, besides separating the antagonists. It would be a very good idea to gain rapport and how do we do that....we listen for a specific word or words in their spoken vocabulary. Some short sentences and word examples:
    Visual - it appears to me, beyond a shadow of doubt
    Words - admire, form, see
    Auditory - be heard, to tell the truth
    Words - harsh, listen, silent
    Kinesthetic -  all washed up, come to grips with
    Words - beat, grasps, smooth

When you hear those or similar words being used in a sentence or singularly you know how their internal rep system is processing and they will like nothing more than to hear back in the same frame they are processing in. This leads to deep rapport. When you are there situation under control.
    I have word lists for the 3 rep systems I keep on my desk all the time. If any of you would like me to send them to you please feel free to contact me. You can practice anywhere and over a short period of time you will come to know what rep system a person likes to use just by listening to them. I like to look for the rep systems being used on emails that I receive just to see how the person on the other end is processing and then I can send my email back sprinkled with the words that I know they would like to hear. There are a lot of uses for this tool and security is just one of them. Another great tool to have in the back pocket. Take a look at the rep systems I used in this short note. 
    Have a great day.

Admin likes this post

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:07 pm