Canadian Security Guards Forum

Canadian Security Guard Forum is...


The best forum about the Canadian security guard profession.

Please register on our forum and participate by sharing your experience and knowledge.

We welcome members and input from around the world.
Canadian Security Guards Forum

Discussions for private security officers and management, everything related to contract or full-time guard services.

Become a sponsor and place you 468 x 60 banner here.

Latest topics

» Hello from Toronto!
Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:29 am by kevinla

» Professionalizing security
Tue May 23, 2017 12:02 pm by PSKN

» Housekeeping Service Providers in Delhi
Mon May 08, 2017 1:45 am by nandnisharma

» Security Coffee
Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:46 pm by Admin

Become a sponsor and place you 125 x 125 banner here.

Hero security guard stopped suicide bomber

Share
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 125
Points : 65585
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2013-12-22
Age : 50
Location : Alberta

Hero security guard stopped suicide bomber

Post by Admin on Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:35 pm

Hero security guard stopped suicide bomber from entering Stade de France during Paris attacks
Jamie Sanderson for Metro.co.ukSunday 15 Nov 2015 10:18 am



Revealed: Hero security guard stopped bomber from entering France v Germany game
Football fans get instructions from police after France v Germany (Picture: Getty)
Countless numbers of football fans could have been killed or severely injured during the France v Germany match on Saturday – if it wasn’t for the actions of one heroic security guard.

The Wall Street Journal reports that one of the suicide bombers involved in the Paris attacks outside the Stade de France had a match ticket.

But as he tried to enter the stadium minutes after kick-off, a security guard identified only as Zouheir located an explosive device after deciding to search a man who attempted to get in near the player’s tunnel.

The bomber then backed away before deciding to detonate his device.

Paris prosecutor Francois Molins apparently claimed that he was wearing a vest which contained explosives and bolts, with the idea of causing maximum damage once inside the stadium.

Football fans gather on the field of the Stade de France stadium following the friendly football match between France and Germany in Saint-Denis, north of Paris, on November 13, 2015, after a series of gun attacks across Paris as well as explosions outside the national stadium where France was hosting Germany. Three loud explosions were heard outside France's national stadium during the first half of a friendly international football match between France and Germany. At least four people died outside the glittering venue which staged the 1998 World Cup final with several others seriously hurt. AFP PHOTO / FRANCK FIFE (Photo credit should read FRANCK FIFE/AFP/Getty Images)
Thousands of supporters were in the stadium (Picture: Getty)
Shortly after this incident, a second suicide bomber detonated outside the stadium, while a third also blew himself up at a nearby McDonald’s.

One person died in the attacks, but it could have been much, much, worse.



Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/15/hero-security-guard-stopped-suicide-bomber-from-entering-stade-de-france-during-paris-attacks-5502801/#ixzz3raB5eUDV
avatar
BryanM35

Posts : 111
Points : 43075
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2015-03-15
Age : 36
Location : San Diego, CA 92037

Re: Hero security guard stopped suicide bomber

Post by BryanM35 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:32 am

We love Paris. What happened is really very bad for everyone. Thanks to that security person who stopped suicide bomber. Without him it could have been much, much, worse. Approximately 150 died. Police are now reporting 200 wounded in Paris.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 125
Points : 65585
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2013-12-22
Age : 50
Location : Alberta

Re: Hero security guard stopped suicide bomber

Post by Admin on Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:53 am

BryanM35 wrote:We love Paris. What happened is really very bad for everyone. Thanks to that security person who stopped suicide bomber. Without him it could have been much, much, worse. Approximately 150 died. Police are now reporting 200 wounded in Paris.

My condolences to everyone effected.

To be vigilant

A security guard watches out for any strange thing that may mean harm. For this reason, he must have very keen senses of sight, hearing, and smelling. He should be able to smell it when a cable is burning or when a chemical is leaking from its container. He should be able to detect strange sounds, such as when someone is secretly trying to open a door. He should be able to sense it when someone is cleverly trying to divert his attention off his duty. And he should be able to interpret quickly whatever he sees.


_________________
www.CSGF.ca
admin@CSGF.ca
avatar
BryanM35

Posts : 111
Points : 43075
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2015-03-15
Age : 36
Location : San Diego, CA 92037

Re: Hero security guard stopped suicide bomber

Post by BryanM35 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:13 am

Admin wrote:
BryanM35 wrote:We love Paris. What happened is really very bad for everyone. Thanks to that security person who stopped suicide bomber. Without him it could have been much, much, worse. Approximately 150 died. Police are now reporting 200 wounded in Paris.

My condolences to everyone effected.

To be vigilant

A security guard watches out for any strange thing that may mean harm. For this reason, he must have very keen senses of sight, hearing, and smelling. He should be able to smell it when a cable is burning or when a chemical is leaking from its container. He should be able to detect strange sounds, such as when someone is secretly trying to open a door. He should be able to sense it when someone is cleverly trying to divert his attention off his duty. And he should be able to interpret quickly whatever he sees.


Along with above qualities security guard must be having a quality of social perceptiveness. He should be aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
avatar
Nightwatchman

Posts : 50
Points : 32867
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2015-10-04
Age : 56
Location : Whitehorse, YT

Re: Hero security guard stopped suicide bomber

Post by Nightwatchman on Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:00 pm

Bravo Zulu, to this guard, we need more like him! Thanks for this post, fortunately the most recent number of dead was at 129(with many more injured) for the Paris attacks. I like your post about, `vigilance' too Admin, I agree its very important, looking at nuances within a crowd, just someone `a little out of the ordinary' in terms of body language, for instance.


_________________
Semper paratus, semper vigilans
avatar
BryanM35

Posts : 111
Points : 43075
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2015-03-15
Age : 36
Location : San Diego, CA 92037

Re: Hero security guard stopped suicide bomber

Post by BryanM35 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:31 am

Nightwatchman wrote:Bravo Zulu, to this guard, we need more like him! Thanks for this post, fortunately the most recent number of dead was at 129(with many more injured) for the Paris attacks. I like your post about, `vigilance' too Admin, I agree its very important, looking at nuances within a crowd, just someone `a little out of the ordinary' in terms of body language, for instance.


You were right suicide bomb attackers killed 130 people, including 89 at the Batchan Theater.
avatar
Nightwatchman

Posts : 50
Points : 32867
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2015-10-04
Age : 56
Location : Whitehorse, YT

Re: Hero security guard stopped suicide bomber

Post by Nightwatchman on Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:04 am

BryanM35 wrote:
Nightwatchman wrote:Bravo Zulu, to this guard, we need more like him! Thanks for this post, fortunately the most recent number of dead was at 129(with many more injured) for the Paris attacks. I like your post about, `vigilance' too Admin, I agree its very important, looking at nuances within a crowd, just someone `a little out of the ordinary' in terms of body language, for instance.


You were right suicide bomb attackers killed 130 people, including 89 at the Batchan Theater.
I like keeping threads up to date, and we must not forget the others around the world that were also killed at this time by bombers, such as Lebanon, and Turkey, and other spots too.


_________________
Semper paratus, semper vigilans

    Current date/time is Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:51 am